Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How [Fashion] & {Home Design} Correlate

A lot of times the color and patterns that are trending in fashion are also trending in home design. I see this all the time and I even see it in my own closet and home! Fashion and home trends have always run along the same path, and today I wanted to show you some of my favorite examples.

For instance, do you ever feel like you've got multiple design personalities? I know I sure do! One day I'm attracted to over the top industrial inspired rooms, and the next day I'm drooling over a beach inspired seaside room exploding with corals, turqouise's and fresh whites. It's always changing and I've noticed my fashion style changes with it. One day I'm as preppy as can be, and the next I feel like embracing my "artsy" side. For a while I would get annoyed with my "style A-D-D", but I have recently learned to embrace it. I realized that I love all of these different forms of design because I SIMPLY LOVE DESIGN! It's as simple as that and I'm not ashamed of it:) Lets take a closer look at a few of my design boards that show some {color and pattern} trends that have developed over the past year or so. It's amazing to see how easily they transfer from fashion to home design, or vice versa!





















Isn't that just crazy how it's all so similar??! Really an interesting way to look at design, huh? Hope y'all enjoyed! This was a really fun post to create, so I might be doing a few more of these later down the road. More to come!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I thought I was the only one who would flip-flop between styles. I was beginning to wonder if I just didn't have style. It is nice to know I have style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post! Yes, major design and fashion mood swings going on for me, but that makes it fun.

    xoxo, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both based on creativity and the ability to put different things into one beautiful thing. It takes great imagination and vision to get things into the right place. Also when it comes to easy home improvements you'd also have to consider your budget.

    ReplyDelete