Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Living Room Reveal

So the day has come! My first room reveal in the new house:) As I have stated since the move, our new home is MUCH smaller - I think 990 sq. ft. to be exact. I was a bit nervous to sign the lease at first because of the drastic difference, but SO thankful we took the leap in the end! It also presented me with the challenge of learning how to design in a small space. And who doesn't love a new challenge?? I know I sure do:) 


 photo before_after_zps7214f148.jpg


The living room looked especially small, which was my biggest concern.  When we walked in for the first time, it looked like one teeny tiny little box. Thankfully I kept reminding myself that rooms always look smaller without furniture - strange concept I know, but it's very true. 

Here is the box I'm talking about...


Could that really be the same room as this.... ???


Woah! What a difference! It's pretty amazing how some thoughtful furniture placement can really make a difference. This living room is less than half the size of our previous home, but you really don't feel like it when your in the space. We also have the same amount of seating as well (minus one chair that really wasn't used). You can't tell from these photos, but our living room opens up to the dining room and office. I think that's also why the space looks much bigger than it actually is. The room is also taken over by these massive windows which let some amazing natural light into the space.  As you can tell... it made it quite difficult to take photos with all of that light coming in! That's what I get for having a six year old camera!

Anyways - I hope you enjoy my new living room as much as I do. And now for some eye candy!


 photo livingroom2_zps927718f2.jpg


 photo livingroom10_zps7eb655ee.jpg


 photo livingroom6_zpsb2653655.jpg


 photo livingroom9_zpsbdf62886.jpg


 photo livingroom3_zps20078595.jpg


 photo livingroom8_zpse215f859.jpg


 photo livingroom4_zpsba1ca6b9.jpg


 photo livingroom5_zpsba33a043.jpg


 photo livingroom7_zps00c436a9.jpg


I will try to write up a post of where to find my items in the room. More to come on that later:) Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Happy Tuesday!

28 comments:

  1. I always love seeing before and after pictures!
    Looks awesome Amy. Bright and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty room

    i love all the pops of red
    and the vintage details

    well done!

    {alison}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so great!! We are moving to a smaller house in 39 days (not that Im counting or anything) and I am actually really looking forward to putting together our house on a smaller scale. Bigger rooms are so much harder to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty....looks like you made the most of your space. Love your cart/coffee table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home you have! I have nominated your blog for the Liebster award, please follow the link below for directions. Best wishes in your blogging!

    http://rurallifestory.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/liebster-award/ ‎

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful room here at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. Love your coffee table and I would love having all those windows:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great to me. love the shelves flanking the window and that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the lamp and rug!! wow, it sure looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! I'm looking forward to your list! I see lots of things I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful! That factory cart coffe table is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy!
    Your blog is awesome! I love the room makeover & that table, wow great job. You have amazing style, loved looking through yout blog. Have a great week, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new room and all the colors! The coffee table/cart is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy, Your living room reveal is wonderful! Love the eclectic mix of items you chose. So glad to have found your blog!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes
    PS-Would love to have you link this up to Saturday Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your style. Very comfortable and lovely. Nice visiting. Would love to have you link up to What to do Weekends tomorrow (Thursday evening) around 7:30. Take care, Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks fabulous. I moved to a home 1/2 the size of my previous one, so I do understand what you are talking about. You've done an amazing job, your living room is gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love before and afters! You did a fantastic job!! Love your blog ;)
    Jamie ~ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful living room! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh! Cant wait to see where you found that rug! this is beautiful- good job!

    Id love for you to come over and link up, we party every Friday!

    http://www.lifewelive4.com/2013/03/love-it-list-it-linky-party-3.html

    :laura:

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty and warm......love it.........especially that coffee table.
    Now following you from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com.
    COME VISIT ME.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your style, Amy. What a beautiful, comfortable living room. You did an amazing job! And yes, so true about looking smaller without furniture! I'm including a link back in this week's highlights. Thanks so much for sharing your decorating talent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the whole look of the room, great job! And congrats on your feature at DIY Showoff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome room...love all the vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! You can find the tutorial here:

      http://www.theblissfulbeeblog.com/2012/05/factory-cart-table-diy-restoration.html

      Delete
  24. Hi Amy, this is such a great space, LOVE your "coffee table"!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful space! I love that coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yo did an amazing job on your living room. It's beautiful, warm, inviting!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great job - I love it! I can't believe it is the same small room.

    I would love for you to link up at the Empty Your Archive party which has living room makeovers and organisation as one of it's themes this week - Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete