Tuesday, July 24, 2012

True Life: I'm a Pillow Hoarder

Yes... It's true. I am a self diagnosed pillow addict. Hoarder... addict... it's all the same when it comes to my love for pillows. Lets just say I think I own more pillows than anything else in our house. It's really not my fault though. They just make a house so homey!



I've always tried to hide my little addiction, but well.. I think it officially got out of control this past week. Or at least thats what my hubby's facial expression told me when he saw me bring my bags in from the car...

The other day, I made myself a little visit to Pottery Barn to get a bridal shower gift... because yes, that is the only time I ever walk into PB. Well, normally I don't have a problem going into that store, because they make it so painfully OBVIOUS that I cannot afford any of it. So my shopping addiction? No problem! Can't afford it = won't buy it. Easy as that. Well... I still gave the store a nice walk around {because who can actually leave that store without drooling a little bit??} and in my walk, I discovered the pillows that I had been dying over for the past 6 months. They are 16 inch wide striped navy and white pillows. EXACTLY what I had been wanting for SO long! 


I had even shopped around for fabric at our local fabric stores with a plan to sew them myself! Well I obviously hadn't had any luck finding them, so I eventually gave up. Well they always say that you seem to find things when your not searching for them, and yupp it's true. They had 2 left in the store on clearance for only $16!! I didn't even know Pottery Barn sold anything for that cheap! Well, they do my friends, so I snatched them both up. Online they sell for $29 - I totally got a deal:)

The next day we were off to Houston for my BFF's bridal shower. My mom and I ended up making the default Marshalls trip, and guess what?? There. Were. More. Pillows. Not the exact same as the Pottery Barn version, but maybe even better! They were also $16.00, so duh - how could I pass them up?? They were a little more "worn" looking (not as much of a crisp white), and just perfect for our couch since it's more of a beige color. They are Ralph Lauren which are my FAVE for pillows. Always very well made, and so comfy. Most of my pillows are from Marshalls, and most of them are Ralph Lauren - just about the only brand I will buy. 

Here are a few shots of my new fabulous pillows:):) The large red pillows are also Pottery Barn but I bought them a while back. And shamefully enough... I did not buy them on sale. Bad Amy! But they are perfect for the room, so I'm still happy. The coral pillow cover below is also Pottery Barn but was on clearance when I bought it about a year ago. I think like $16 maybe?







Don't you just LOVE the buttons and blue and white ticking that shows through?? Love it!







Finally! My casual beachy{ish} inspired living room is all coming together! Now... I understand I might not actually live at the beach, but I sure do love the happy colors and textures that come from the beach. So why not add a hint of that into our home? I also have many of the same design aspects on our back porch as well. It all really feels like it fits together now. Yippee! 

So what do y'all think?? Which pillows do you like better? The more "roughed up" Ralph Lauren version, or the Pottery Barn clearance finds? One thing I love about the Ralph Lauren pillow is the fun little applique on the front. I have them flipped over in some of the pictures, but when I get bored of the plain stripes, I'll just flip them over to show the applique! Perfect:)





Who I'm linking up with this week:




My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Sumo's Sweet Stuff



6 comments:

  1. You can never have too many pillows! I love them also (my husband has other opinions, lol)...but I can't ever get myself to spend too much when I know I can make them. But $16 is a deal!
    PS-I randomly found your blog from a google search, and I'm glad I did =)
    ~Kelly @ cornerofmain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows. In one of your photos you have a picture of a pillow that looks like it has a blueprint on the front. Where did you find that? My hubby is a draftsman and I would love to get this for his office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are actually the Ralph Lauren pillows from Marshalls!

      Delete
  3. I love pillows too. Those look great! I love your blog and I've nominated it for an award, if you get a second please stop by and check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your pillows - particularly the blue and white with the great buttons. I need to drop by Marshalls more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I go to Marshalls all the time and always tend to find some good stuff:) And for such a good deal too!

      Delete