Thursday, July 19, 2012

Design Ideas for the Rents

Hey guys! Over the past few months my parents have been looking to move closer to my sister and I up in north Texas. I am SO excited! They are currently living in Houston {where I grew up} and the 5 hour drive really isn't too much fun for anyone invlolved. They have not yet found a home, but when they do, they will be going through a very large transition. Not only will they be buying a new home, but they are also basically starting fresh with most of their furniture. Over the years, my parents have been focused on {us} their kids, and not as much on buying new furniture and such. It's probably been about 10 years since my mom bought any significant piece of furniture. I guess that's not too long for some people, but needless to say, they are ready for some new digs!

Once they do find a home they are happy with, things will be moving pretty fast. They will imediately hire people to paint the walls and do whatever else is needed to update the house BEFORE they move in. Which also means they will need to have an idea of what color schemes they are looking to use. Since I'm kind of obsessed with design, {and can't ever stop thinking about new ideas!} I thought I would begin creating some mood boards for my parents. They will literally be starting from scratch on most of their furnishings, so I cannot wait to go shopping with them when the time comes! Below are some of my most recent inspirations and mood boards for their potential new home. Enjoy!


{ Living Room }

:: Some Photo Inspirations ::







:: My Polyvore Moodboard ::




{ Entryway }

:: Some Photo Inspirations ::






:: My Polyvore Moodboard ::





{ Piano Room }

:: Some Photo Inspirations ::









:: My Polyvore Moodboard ::





{ Formal Dining Room }

:: Some Photo Inspirations ::









:: My Polyvore Moodboard ::


These are just a few of the spaces I have thought about so far, but I'm sure there will be more to come once they settle on an actual house. I'm actually headed to Houston this weekend for my BEST FRIENDS bridal shower and while I'm down there, I will be taking some photography of my parents house so they can put it on the market next week. So so crazy! Hard to believe the house I grew up in will be up for sale in less than a week! Very bitter sweet, but so excited for my parents to be closer to us.

Hope everyone is having a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment