Monday, July 2, 2012

Leibster Award!!

Hey guys! Sorry I've been a bit M.I.A. this week - it's been a busy one! I've been working/finishing about 6 or 7 different projects around the house and haven't exactly had time to post about them just yet. BUT in the mean time, I received two great nominations for the Leibster Award from some new friends - Angela over at Number fifty-three and Jeannine from The Concrete Cottage. Thanks guys!! Y'all are wonderful:):)

Now, everyone seems to approach this award a little differently, so below is a general breakdown of what it is.





Award Description:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Each nominee must post 11 things about themselves
(I'm only asking for 5 things, so pick your top 5 questions from below and answer them how you like!)
2. Choose 5 people to award the Liebster and link them in your post.
3. Go to their page and tell them.
4. Remember, no tag backs! ;);)




  1. What is your favorite movie? Favorite line?
    • Oh man, this one is way too hard!! I would have to say a few good ones are The ProposalZoolander?? I know those are super random, but they are what come to mind right now haha. And my favorite quote is for sure from Zoolander... "What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?" ahahah still cracks me up! 
    2.  What has been your most romantic moment?
    • When my hubby proposed to me and surprised me with my dream ring:)
    3.  Who has influenced you the most?
    • I would probably say my big sister. I pretty much copied everything she did since I can remember haha 
    4.  What part of your morning routine do you consider essential?
    • Breakfast!!! Seriously my favorite meal of the day!
    5.  What is the biggest change you have made in your life in the last year?
    • I would say there are 3 big changes... 1. moving into our first home:) 2. starting my blog:) 3. Adopting our adorable kitten, Bailey 
    6.  What is your favorite quote? Why?
    • Ohh man... Can I pass on this one? There are too many!
    7.  What is the best compliment you have ever received?
    • When I was in high school, my dad and I were on a walk around our neighborhood and we were having a deep conversation about life and growing up and being a good and strong person etc. And then he told me that he wasn't worried the least bit about who I would grow up to be, because I had always had a good head on my shoulders:) I always remember that when times get rough, because as long as you try and stay level headed and do what you believe is right, thats all a person can ask for:) 
    8.  When have you embarrassed yourself in public?
    • haha um all the time! I'm a huge cluts so it happens just about weekly. 
    9.  Who is your favorite author?
    • um yeah... not really a book person. I'm the kind of gal who waits for the movie version to come out;) 
   10.  When you were a child, what did you wanna be when you grew up?
    • A country singer!!! There are multiple pictures of me in cowgirl attire with a microphone jaming out to 90's country. Mainly to Achy Breaky Heart;) Thanks Billy Rae Cyrus!
   11.  What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Was it good?
    • Seeking a friend for the end of the world...Totally thought it was going to be a comedy and it wasn't. I left the theater depressed and kind of scared... I like happy and funny movies with happy endings! This was not one of those! Lameeeee!  

Ok now down to the fun stuff! Time to nominate some of my favorite new{ish} blogs:) I'm going to break the rules a bit and only choose 3 favorites. Makes it more special that way;)


1. A Bit O Whimsy

2. Peace of Home

3. Brittany Makes


Ok peeps! Now time for you three to join in on the fun:) Just pick 5 of your favorite questions from above to answer, and nominate your favorite 3-5 newbie blogs. Enjoy!






___________________________






Ok, now like I was sayin' earlier, I've been working on many projects and have SO many fun things to post about! My next post will be about our new light fixture over our outdoor dining area. It's super fun and not the typical light you might use over a dining table, but I love it and hope y'all will too. It's a little bit of store bought mixed with DIY and very easy to do, so it should be a good post. I'll also be hosting a little 4th of July gathering at my house on Wednesday and will post about the party decor later on in the week;) Get excited!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you! You're sooo sweet :) I need to get on the horse and give out my award!

    ReplyDelete